AB-Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey new To airsoft and am looking to start it

5 posters

Go down

Hey new To airsoft and am looking to start it  Empty Hey new To airsoft and am looking to start it

Post by Shifty33 18th February 2011, 19:36

Hey my name is Kyle Radford I'm 21 i live in medicine hat and have been looking to get into airsoft for some time now.
I originally was gunna get into it 2 years ago but all my friends started paintball so going
With my friends I started paintball instead and ever since I all was wanted to start airsoft. It has
All was sparked that more realism intrest then paintball has and less clean up at the end as well :p.
So with most of my friends who paintball moving or moved away I figured it was time to maybe start
In airsoft. I had a friend recommend me to this site for getting start and advise and who to play with seeing
As I don't know any one in town who plays. So I hope to get to know you all and hopefully one day be able to play with you guys and make some new friends along the way.[list][*]
Shifty33
Shifty33
VIP

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Hey new To airsoft and am looking to start it  Empty Re: Hey new To airsoft and am looking to start it

Post by medhatboy 18th February 2011, 19:56

Welcome, you'll find there are quite a few of us from Medicine Hat here. Look around, and if you have any questions feel free to ask, i'm always happy to help as i've been around the airsoft community for a while (started playing in 2002). If I may ask, who is the friend that sent you this way?
medhatboy
medhatboy
Age Verified

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Hey new To airsoft and am looking to start it  Empty Re: Hey new To airsoft and am looking to start it

Post by Shifty33 18th February 2011, 20:40

Sweet sounds good I actually have lots of questions as seeing as I
On how I don't got lots of spare money that also one of the reason
Why I want into air soft after the first buy it's relatively cheap to stay in.
But he questions will have to wait till I get home seeing as I'm on my iPhone
At work and can't really get them all out :p with out have to go from site to site
And the friend that told me about this site his name is Ross something can't remember
Last name at the moment. He said you guys were pretty good and helpfull and all the
Good stuff :p
Shifty33
Shifty33
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by medhatboy 18th February 2011, 20:47

Ross Naroznick. I worked with him for a bit both here and in Fort Mac, he got ahold of me on facebook and said that he knew someone that was interested, so I told him to send you here.
medhatboy
medhatboy
Age Verified

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty33 18th February 2011, 20:58

Well then that would be me :p
Shifty33
Shifty33
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 18th February 2011, 21:08

Welcome Kyle,

There is more than enough information around here to get you started but feel free to ask any questions you have. We are a very mild mannered bunch and do our best to help out all newcomers. Dan is a great resource and he's close in the Hat so look to him if you want to see any gear or guns before the season starts up.

Look forward to seeing you on the field!
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Number of posts : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-25

http://www.ab-airsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty33 18th February 2011, 21:33

Yea thanks so far when I get home I'll post something with a bunch of
Questions I have a bunch about a starting gun and Shawnees at good to buy from
But really other than that I have read alot into it so I'm no totally clue less :p I guess I can ask this not
What time ofthe year you guys start playing at I'm asking this cause I need to start when it somewhat warm
See how I have an allergy to the cold :p
Shifty33
Shifty33
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by medhatboy 18th February 2011, 21:49

Don't worry, guns with V2 mechboxes are also allergic to the cold.
medhatboy
medhatboy
Age Verified

Back to top Go down

Post by irishpittbull 18th February 2011, 22:42

Whats shakeing kyle? At one point I used to play a lot of paintball too make it out to a game and I guarantee airsoft will hook ya in and you know what the best part of airsoft vrs paintball is? At the end of the day you're not covered in technicolor spoog !
irishpittbull
irishpittbull
Leutnant

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by medhatboy 18th February 2011, 23:21

irishpittbull wrote:At the end of the day you're not covered in technicolor spoog !
Hey new To airsoft and am looking to start it  LolHey new To airsoft and am looking to start it  LolHey new To airsoft and am looking to start it  LolHey new To airsoft and am looking to start it  Lol
medhatboy
medhatboy
Age Verified

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty33 18th February 2011, 23:46

lol thats very true and the going to be a great feeling to be able to get in my car at the end of the day and not worrie about getting paint on my seats Razz
but now that im home i can start asking my questions Razz
1-I was thinking of getting this gun as my starter CAS Version G&G M4 Carbine REC seeing as it cheap and the reviews say it good.
my other reasons for picking this gun are cause i like the m4 style gun, if i dont like airsoft then i didnt watse 450 dollers on a gun so no big loss, if i want i can upgrade this gun since it is useing an m4 body so should accept all parts for m4 right?

2-also whats with the pricing for usa airsoft gun to Canadian airsoft guns? like i want the G&G G2010 in the USA its priced at 360 but in all Canadain sites its 650 usaually why is this?

3-what are good airsoft sites to buy from i was gunna use 007airsoft from Calgary for my first gun which one should i avoid and which ones are good?

Thats all i got right now for questions im looking more into the sport so ill prob have more but evertime i get one i usually find the answer on my own Razz
Shifty33
Shifty33
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 19th February 2011, 01:04

Buy here;

http://www.albertaairsoft.com/store/

PM Darklen for any accessories you need.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Number of posts : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-25

http://www.ab-airsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by irishpittbull 19th February 2011, 01:06

I personally dont have much experince with g&g guns myself but I know bob aka darklan ( bent barrel gun doc ) sells them so if thats the brand you're checking he might be the one to ask. You'll learn real quick tho that when it comes to airsoft you get exactly what u pay for so rather then buy something "cheap" really ur better off to save untill you can afford the good stuff it'll save you money in the end your 350.00 cas gun could end up costing you twice that much in repairs and whats the fun in running around with a broken lump of plastic??? Unless your planning on cracking me with it while screaming THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!! HA! Anyway the general rule seems to be that most retailers charge around 2-2.5x the over seas price so a gun that runs around 250.00 in say hong kong will run you around 500.00-575.00ish , for a lot of reasons retailers have to cover freight , customs , etc , etc. I've noticed prices dropping a lot in the last yr or two thought. Ie- the same gun I bought a yr ago for 600.00 I've seen going for around 500.00-550.00. Btw if ur digging the m4 style a few of have kwa's check them out really solid build and the m4's are full metal mmmm metal! Retailers well you'll just have to do some pr with the rest of the guys. I bought my kwa off cottini on asc good dude but pricey and there's the bent barrel. Hope that helped some dude I'm going for another red bull later!!!
irishpittbull
irishpittbull
Leutnant

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager 20th February 2011, 01:25

Wait a few weeks before you buy anything... I can't tell you why.

Jager
Leutnant

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty33 20th February 2011, 05:00

im liking the sound of that guess im gunna have to wait maybe my g2010 might not be such an expensive gun after all Razz
Shifty33
Shifty33
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down