AB-Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to alberta but not airsoft

3 posters

Go down

new to alberta but not airsoft Empty new to alberta but not airsoft

Post by BooDiggity 13th August 2009, 10:38

hey guys, my name is Chris and im moving to alberta Edmonton, im 23 and im a sniper, im played airsoft for about three years now and sadly have to leave my groups in BC. im moving out to alberta for work, sadly ive had to sell all my guns to be able to move out so i wont be able to game with you all for about a month but im looking forward to it. my groups in BC were op-for and SIR (south island rangers). i will follow the forums and when i have a new rifle ill sign up for a game.... i look forward to meeting some new faces and maken more kills.

BooDiggity
VIP

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Back to top Go down

new to alberta but not airsoft Empty Re: new to alberta but not airsoft

Post by Green Devil 13th August 2009, 10:56

Hi Chris!

Welcome to our forums. I'm sure we will cross paths in the coming months and I look forward to having you in my sights as well. We are based in the SE corner of Alberta but there are several great clubs based out of the Edmonton area. You might want to log into their forums and get in touch with them.

Edmonton Scout Snipers
Edmonton Airsoft Regiment

Bob, if you can think of any others to add, please do.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Number of posts : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-25

http://www.ab-airsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darklen 13th August 2009, 13:24

Hey Chris, welcome to the "Alberta Advantage". lol. Such as it is, what's left of it anyway.

Wade posted pretty much everyone from Edmonton, except for one. Sigma Special Services Group. Stand up bunch of guys. Oddly they seem to be able to make to several games, never seem to host any.

EAR are a decent bunch, if not quite fragmented in playing style. Largest group going in Edmonton with serveral sub-teams/groups in their forums. Play styles run from speedballers to minisimers. Not much for Milsim in EAR anymore though, shame. They used to be the premier milsim club in the province.

ESS is primarily Milsim, with a couple of serving CF members in it. Again, they go to quite a few games, don't seem to host any, at least yet.

The only other group in Edmonton I know of is the Freaks. Hardly ever see them. Can't even remember their forum address and it doesn't show up in searches. From what I remember, they're a hardcore milsim group. They only seem to come out to the most serious of milsim games and never heard of them hosting any.

Outside of Edmonton, there's our club, RAAT (Red Deer Airsoft Assault Teams). We're small, about 12 players total. We play skirmish/minisim/milsim.

Then there's JOC, Joint Operations Calgary. Pretty much the same as EAR except they have a milsim component and a good one at that.

There's a couple of other clubs in Alberta, but it seems their forums are all but dead, one for several years.

Darklen
VIP

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.bentbarrelgundoctor.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BooDiggity 13th August 2009, 17:36

Great thanks guys, very helpful. I havent been the new guy for awhile, you guys seem to have a larger network than what im used too and look forward to visiting all groups, me and a few others were scheduled to go to COLDRONT at CFB rivers but our economys down and its impossible to find work so many of us are on EI , I myself am going where the work is.

Thanks guys i feel at home and thats what makes the sport fun. look forward to scoping it out.

BooDiggity
VIP

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down