AB-Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hail from Lethbridge

+3
Moviemaster
Green Devil
MrDow123
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hail from Lethbridge Empty Hail from Lethbridge

Post by MrDow123 4th December 2009, 13:17

Hello fellow airsofters, my name is MrDow. I joined up with this specific forum to see if there were any players/places to play in or near Lethbridge. Anyone that plays airsoft in Lethbridge probably knows about Section 8, a professional airsoft/paintball/tactical store.

As for myself, I am a beginner to airsoft. My early airsoft stories are kind of embarrasing, buying clear plastic, spring action handguns for 20 bucks and having duels with my friends, but lately I've become very interested in the tactical implications of airsoft and how much more realistic it is than paintball. About a month ago I bought a Taurus PT92 handgun which I was very impressed with. Either today or next Friday I will be picking up a Black Eagle M6 "S" Rifle from Section 8.

Anywho, good to meet you guys and hopefully I can start playing some games with you guys. Hail from Lethbridge 239966
MrDow123
MrDow123
VIP

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Hail from Lethbridge Empty Re: Hail from Lethbridge

Post by Green Devil 4th December 2009, 18:37

Good to have you on board MrDow123. Almost all of us had to start with low grade guns and gear so your story isn't new. Once you have been are verified, there are a number of decent places you can pick-up a good quality Airsoft Gun.

We're happy to answer any questions you might have so post away. If you have paintball experence you may require a little retraining but we won't hold that against you.

We don't play much in the winter but when spring hits, we go at it almost every weekend either here, in Brooks, or on another field from Manitoba to Alberta (there are games in other provinces too but that gets a little expensive).
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Number of posts : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-25

http://www.ab-airsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDow123 4th December 2009, 22:57

Ive never been into paintball much. But I happen to be quite knowledgable about firearms and military tactics. If it means anything I play a lot of military simulators on the PC and Operation Flashpoint on the 360 where I learned a lot of what I know. I was in a lot of clans that used realistic military movements, communication, tactics and formations. I think I could be a good airsoft player because I know these things. Ive been interested in the military since I was about 10 and I remember being very interested in guns and warfare and I researched a lot about wars, conflicts, battles ect.. I figured airsoft was the best way to use weapons and tactics that I've learned throughout the years. As far as equipment that I own goes I currently have a Taurus PT92 gas-gun as a secondary, tommorow Im picking up a Black Eagle M6 "S" rifle as a primary (I have a pretty big background in hunting and I've killed Deer, Elk, and Black Bear. I'm pretty good at tracking and stalking and so I figured a sniper class would fit me well.) After that I'll pick up a ghille suit, a tactical vest, and some protective eyewear.

Anywho, I'm basically an 18 year old guy looking to get into some warfare without joining the Canadian Forces.
MrDow123
MrDow123
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Moviemaster 5th December 2009, 02:33

Welcome to the forums. I think pretty much all of us use training skills we have learned from games. Plus a few other sources. There are a few of us that have family in the Canadian Forces and also some who help train and or have served.

For your protective eye wear they should be ballistic rated. I currently use Revision Desert Locust Goggles and they have saved my eyes on a few occasions. Another piece of equipment that is strongly recommended is a mouth guard. There was a few players who caught BB's in there mouth and one player who actually came away with a chipped tooth.

I suggest you stay away from a ghillie suit as they are not allowed on many fields. With this being a sport of honor and calling your own hits, a ghillie suit makes it extremely difficult to feel a bb hitting you.

But again welcome to the forum, take a look around and don't be afraid to ask any questions. And I look forward to meeting you and playing with or against you in the spring.
Moviemaster
Moviemaster
Leutnant

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by nidan 5th December 2009, 12:41

Hey there! Look forward to meeting you MrDow123! My name is Ed, nidan and sometimes...sneakyolbastard. We have great fun hunting each other down all sneaky like, but there is something to be said for "major gun battle" !!

Woot Woot!!!
nidan
nidan
Stabsfeldwebel

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://craigmyledojo.homestead.com/clubhome.html

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDow123 5th December 2009, 15:50

I wanted to ask you guys if using a paintball mask would be good for protective facewear. I see it kind of taking away from realism but for protection against those basterdous bb's they would probably work very well. Also, do paintball masks work for scopes?
MrDow123
MrDow123
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 5th December 2009, 16:22

MrDow123 wrote:I wanted to ask you guys if using a paintball mask would be good for protective facewear. I see it kind of taking away from realism but for protection against those basterdous bb's they would probably work very well. Also, do paintball masks work for scopes?

It all depends on the paintball mask. Does it have mesh or lenses covering the eyes? There are some good masks out there that are very good for paintball but are not allowed on airsoft fields. I don't suggest investing in a paintball mask if you will be playing airsoft. Buy a mask designed for airsoft.

The quality and eye relief of your scope will determine if you can use a scope with the mask. You also must be aware that the minimum engagement range for a sniper if 50 feet so a mask isn't really that important.

Try a mask like this one w/ballistic goggles.
http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=74_140
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by medhatboy 5th December 2009, 16:22

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that there is a group who play in Lethbridge, and that they have 2 fields out there. The one group who call themselves "Fighting 14th Airsoft Company" have a facebook group, and use a paintball field, the other group are mainly all employees of a mens store in Lethbridge and have a privete field. If your on facebook the 14th guys page can be found here https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=28328954580
medhatboy
medhatboy
Age Verified

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 5th December 2009, 16:54

medhatboy wrote:I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that there is a group who play in Lethbridge, and that they have 2 fields out there. The one group who call themselves "Fighting 14th Airsoft Company" have a facebook group, and use a paintball field, the other group are mainly all employees of a mens store in Lethbridge and have a privete field. If your on facebook the 14th guys page can be found here https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=28328954580

Thanks for mentioning that Dan. I was going to put that into the first reply but was a little rushed.

I haven't played with or against guys from either of the 2 clubs you mentioned so I can't offer any advice.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by medhatboy 5th December 2009, 18:17

I've played with some of the guys from the 14th, or what ever they call themselves this week, for the most part they are ok, with the exception to a couple who you had to aim for open skin to get them to call hit. They also play by a different set of rules, believing that crack shooting and blind firing is ok cause "thats what you'd do in real war" forgetting that airsoft is nothing like real combat, ie, that pallet your hiding behind will stop bb's but wont stop real bullets. They also wanted "realism" but are all ok with high-cap mags. The guys from the clothing store, never met them so I cant really say.
medhatboy
medhatboy
Age Verified

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank 5th December 2009, 21:20

welcome to the forums ...we all start somewhere...... greetings and salutations.....
Tank
Tank
Oberstabsfeldwebel

Number of posts : 639

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDow123 5th December 2009, 21:25

Thanks for the welcome Tank

So what kind of guns you guys carrying?
MrDow123
MrDow123
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank 5th December 2009, 21:28

I use an M249 and have a tm ak47 as a back up....... love the saw........lol
Tank
Tank
Oberstabsfeldwebel

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDow123 5th December 2009, 21:34

Sounds like a good Support Class to me.

I'm either looking for a good Designated Marksman/Sniper class or a Mid/Close range class.

Could you guys recommend me a bolt action rifle in the 200-300 dollar range?
MrDow123
MrDow123
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 5th December 2009, 22:18

MrDow123 wrote:Sounds like a good Support Class to me.

I'm either looking for a good Designated Marksman/Sniper class or a Mid/Close range class.

Could you guys recommend me a bolt action rifle in the 200-300 dollar range?

That might be real tough. $200 will get you new Kraken AK47 and $300 will get you a JG G36 but a decent sniper rifle will cost a lot more. Unless you went for something that required some serious TLC.

Best bet is to get on Airsoft Canada (www.airsoftcanada.com) and get registered. After that, we can meet up somewhere and get you age verified. Then you can all the stuff for sale.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDow123 6th December 2009, 00:41

I just registered at AirsoftCanada under MrDow123

So how does this age verification thing work?
MrDow123
MrDow123
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank 6th December 2009, 01:51

talk to wade on this one............
Tank
Tank
Oberstabsfeldwebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 6th December 2009, 02:26

AKA: Green Devil
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDow123 6th December 2009, 11:09

Ok Wade, how we gonna go along meeting up?

Im not sure where you live but I don't have a vehicle and I currently don't have the funds to travel very far (damn Christmas is expensive) but next week Im going to be getting paid so if you don't live up north or anything I'm sure we can find a way to meet up
MrDow123
MrDow123
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 6th December 2009, 11:29

We'll figure it out. I'll have to consult with the boss to see when I can make the trip. We have to take our kid to hockey down that way from time to time (Taber and Coaldale) so that might be a good time to slip into town and meet up.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDow123 6th December 2009, 12:11

Whatever works for you should work for me.

Could you happen to tell me the advantages of age verification?
MrDow123
MrDow123
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 6th December 2009, 12:17

MrDow123 wrote:Whatever works for you should work for me.

Could you happen to tell me the advantages of age verification?

If you are not 'Age Verified' by somebody like myself, you will not be able to see the restricted areas of ASC where all the sales are listed for low-mid-high end AEGs. You won't find them anywhere else. And don't ever try to bring anything into the country without consulting some of us first. Many itmes are restricted and will be seized by Canada Customs and you will lose your investment.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDow123 6th December 2009, 12:42

Good to know

I'm assuming that ASC is kind of like craigslist for airsoft?
MrDow123
MrDow123
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 6th December 2009, 13:18

MrDow123 wrote:Good to know

I'm assuming that ASC is kind of like craigslist for airsoft?

We use it mainly for the for sale sections. Don't post much in there if you are new to the sport (read lots). Some of the guys don't seem to like newcomers.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDow123 6th December 2009, 13:31

Yeah I made a thread asking about whether or not it is always required to upgrade bolt-action rifles, and I have to say the first reply sounded very elitist.

Not to mention the 5 or so threads I read had a lot of people that seemed to have an elitist attitude toward the subject of airsoft
MrDow123
MrDow123
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next