AB-Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic-Wedge

3 posters

Go down

Basic-Wedge Empty Basic-Wedge

Post by Basic-Wedge 8th January 2011, 20:48

Hello from Winnipeg. I'm Rob, call sign Basic-Wedge. I'm with a team called the Nordic Battle Group, patterned after German and EU themes. We'll all be traveling to Claybank this year, so I hope to meet some of our Alberta brethren there. See you when the snow leaves. Smile
Basic-Wedge
Basic-Wedge
VIP

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-09-18

Back to top Go down

Basic-Wedge Empty Re: Basic-Wedge

Post by Green Devil 8th January 2011, 23:47

Welcome. I've seen you over on the 6CBG forums. I'de be happy to see my driveway right about now. How many guys you have on your team?
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Number of posts : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-25

http://www.ab-airsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Basic-Wedge 9th January 2011, 22:07

I see the Bundeswehr theme is popular in Alberta too. Our team is the first to try it in Manitoba. Back when the German's were still training at CFB Shilo (near Brandon), it would've probably been easier to get surplus gear.

Yes, it's true - I've become a regular nuisance to the gang at 6 CBG. I do love their mil-sim games, and that huge field of their's, out near Neepawa. Good guys.

Our team, the Nordic Battle Group, is just starting out. We number eight players, so far. We'll add to our ranks once play resumes.
Basic-Wedge
Basic-Wedge
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 9th January 2011, 22:14

Basic-Wedge wrote:I see the Bundeswehr theme is popular in Alberta too. Our team is the first to try it in Manitoba. Back when the German's were still training at CFB Shilo (near Brandon), it would've probably been easier to get surplus gear.

Yes, it's true - I've become a regular nuisance to the gang at 6 CBG. I do love their mil-sim games, and that huge field of their's, out near Neepawa. Good guys.

Our team, the Nordic Battle Group, is just starting out. We number eight players, so far. We'll add to our ranks once play resumes.

That's great! We are sitting mid 20's for numbers. Our player base includes Medicine Hat, Hanna Red Deer, and Brooks. We currently have a small field in Brooks and large fields in Hanna and the Foothills.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Number of posts : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-25

http://www.ab-airsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Basic-Wedge 9th January 2011, 23:42

I saw the photos of that field in Hanna. Wow!

You know, if you folks decided to put on a big event out your way - doesn't have to be anywhere near as big as Claybank - I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to muster up some of our guys to join in the fun. As odd as it sounds, finding a good field, here on the prairies, isn't so easy. :( Farming always takes priority on flat land. Our problem for the first bit of spring will be finding a field that isn't under water. Flooding this year might be Biblical in proportion.
Basic-Wedge
Basic-Wedge
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Basic-Wedge 10th January 2011, 00:30

Allow me to invite our Alberta kameraden to visit our team's forums: http://www.NordicBattleGroup.ca
Basic-Wedge
Basic-Wedge
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by nidan 10th January 2011, 14:46

Pleased to meet ya B-W.
Good thing about the large field (closer to Craigmyle on #851) is it has a lot of hilly terrain and already established ponds so lots of water shouldn't hamper us to badly and should actually add to the enjoyment.
Just don't encourage Jager as he likes to have the grunts wading through the marsh. Uggh.
And thanks for the invite to your team's forum. Basic-Wedge 239966
nidan
nidan
Stabsfeldwebel

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://craigmyledojo.homestead.com/clubhome.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Basic-Wedge 10th January 2011, 19:26

Oh? You don't have a detachment of Kampfschwimmeren? Really? I thought for sure you would. Smile

Seriously, for the chance to assault that farm, I'd wade through a bunch of swamps.
Basic-Wedge
Basic-Wedge
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by nidan 10th January 2011, 20:36

Well, we have toyed with the idea of having a "dinghy" available for those who would like to assault the farm from the water (north side). A lot of work needs to be done on the place as you saw from the pictures but it is going to be something to see.
Consider yourselves invited to anything we hold.
nidan
nidan
Stabsfeldwebel

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://craigmyledojo.homestead.com/clubhome.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: