AB-Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey all... I am newb.

3 posters

Go down

Hey all... I am newb. Empty Hey all... I am newb.

Post by dave_saucier 11th October 2010, 14:27

Hi there im relatively new to the site, i joined a little while ago and never really got around to making this post. Me and a few freinds have recently gotten into airsoft fever, and currently looking for people to scrim or a place to play near Medicine Hat. We're thinking of making this a serious hobby but without a decent group of people or a place to operate, not thinking much is gonna come of it. Hope to see some of ya soon. Smile

dave_saucier
VIP

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Hey all... I am newb. Empty Re: Hey all... I am newb.

Post by medhatboy 11th October 2010, 14:48

I had the same problem about 8 years ago, no place to play here in the hat so i had to venture out to Brooks. If you happen to venture over to the ASC board
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/forums.php
you will need to be age verified to see the classified section, I can do that as I'm the AV rep for town.
medhatboy
medhatboy
Age Verified

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by dave_saucier 11th October 2010, 14:55

That shouldnt be hard since i work with you...

dave_saucier
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by medhatboy 11th October 2010, 15:09

dave_saucier wrote:That shouldnt be hard since i work with you...

one of the Walmart guys ha.
medhatboy
medhatboy
Age Verified

Back to top Go down

Post by dave_saucier 11th October 2010, 15:13

Ya one of the night guys... Me Matt Pat Jason Alan, and a few friends outside of walmart.

dave_saucier
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 11th October 2010, 15:19

dave_saucier wrote:That shouldnt be hard since i work with you...

That's funny. I assume you two have talked at work? Welcome aboard Dave. Anything we can do to help besides getting you age verified? Now's the time to get kitted up as things have slowed down for the winter.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Number of posts : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-25

http://www.ab-airsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by medhatboy 11th October 2010, 15:27

I know i've talked to one of the night guys at work but i always thought his name was Paul, well i've talked to Pat a bit too when he was working the freezer at night.
medhatboy
medhatboy
Age Verified

Back to top Go down

Post by dave_saucier 12th October 2010, 02:22

Hmm i would assume you talked to Matt, i dont think paul is into airsoft, but apparently we all look the same, especially me and matt, doesnt matter who does what, they assume there is either only matt, or only dave, sometimes they will assume ive done the work of 2 people, other times i wont even be there and they tell management i did nothing all night..

In terms of kit, the only thing i have right now is a pair of goggles and a tf11 gbb, none of us are using anything thats really competition grade i almost picked up a used echo 1 p90 and JG aug the other day, but the guy backed out of the deal, im looking for more gear, but i need some more cash or a good deal, ive been thinking of getting a second job to pay for it all.

dave_saucier
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by medhatboy 17th October 2010, 19:45

I would have personally gone with the AUG, long inner barrel for outdoor use, the P90 is ok, but i've seen to many people out-ranged with the P90, well except for Bug's P90 bastardized mutant thing. I used to own a TM P90 at one time and got rid of it after awhile as the range on it sucked, like 80-90ft, great for CQB, but that was back in 2002 when it first came out.

If you night guys want, anytime you want to have a get toghter I can bring my guns and gear, my photo albums from past games (2002-present), even have some videos on my computer that I can put on cd, and have a good old airsoft chat including some of the changes to airsoft as of late, i'd be happy to spill my knowledge.
medhatboy
medhatboy
Age Verified

Back to top Go down

Post by dave_saucier 17th October 2010, 20:45

Hey sounds good, i actually met up with that guy later and did pick up his aug, its an echo 1 phantom 2... most reviews i checked out said it was decent, only prob is its now broken :( however im pretty sure its simply due to a stripped piston, and i have ordered a replacement

dave_saucier
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 18th October 2010, 01:39

dave_saucier wrote:Hey sounds good, i actually met up with that guy later and did pick up his aug, its an echo 1 phantom 2... most reviews i checked out said it was decent, only prob is its now broken :( however im pretty sure its simply due to a stripped piston, and i have ordered a replacement

AIRSOFT RULES

Rule# 1 => Do NOT try to fix your gun unless you have plenty of experience. Changing anything in your mechbox is a job for a professional. If you buy a gun that isn't working, be prepared for lots of problems and potential costs.

Rule# 2 => ASK Questions!! I can't stress this enough. I have seen so many 'bad' deals out there that could have been prevented had somebody asked a question or two. Dan, myself and many others would be happy to have a look over a gun that is the subject of a sale or trade and provide an honest opinion.

Rule# 3 => See Rules #1 & #2

This is the honest truth. I would NEVER purchase a broken AEG unless it was 1/4 or less of the sell price of a Brand New AEG(It could end up costing several hundred to fix some AEGs - I have seen this a number of times). I won't buy a 'used' AEG unless it's for parts. Like a used car, used guns are sold because they are worn out or are nearly worn out.

I'm not trying to be negative. I needed to say this as I have seen too many people burned by people that are supposed to be good and fair. I suggest you contact Darklen and get him to look over the AUG. It will cost a few bucks but his work is worth every penny.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by dave_saucier 18th October 2010, 18:34

hi there, thanks for the tips, unfortunately the deal was already made, and im quite confident in my ability to fix it, and i suppose the only way to get experience is by doing, so if it never does work i will have learned from it, i have already torn the gun apart and put it back together to the condition i bought it in, everything works except for a stripped piston in the gearbox(several teeth missing), ive done lots of research online and after taking the entire gearbox apart it is the only thing not working properly, so once again thanks for the info, ill definately keep it in mind for the future, other than that i suppose i can just hope for the best... and do my best work fixing it.

dont worry i definately didnt take it as a negative thing, if put in your shoes i would probably say the same thing... but if i get burnt its my own fault, and i can deal with that

dave_saucier
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 18th October 2010, 21:10

dave_saucier wrote:hi there, thanks for the tips, unfortunately the deal was already made, and im quite confident in my ability to fix it, and i suppose the only way to get experience is by doing, so if it never does work i will have learned from it, i have already torn the gun apart and put it back together to the condition i bought it in, everything works except for a stripped piston in the gearbox(several teeth missing), ive done lots of research online and after taking the entire gearbox apart it is the only thing not working properly, so once again thanks for the info, ill definately keep it in mind for the future, other than that i suppose i can just hope for the best... and do my best work fixing it.

dont worry i definately didnt take it as a negative thing, if put in your shoes i would probably say the same thing... but if i get burnt its my own fault, and i can deal with that

I figured it was a little late. Many of us have been in this sport for some time so be sure to use our 'experience'. Most of us have done our own gun work in the past but we now look at it a different way. I like to think of the guns like I think of cars, I like to drive cars and shoot airsoft guns. I take my car to a garage to have work done so I also get somebody else fix my guns. I got into the sport to shoot and I hate nothing more than a gun crapping out at an event I drove hours and spent hundreds to go there and play. I would rather have a 'professional' take care of my gun. Don't go thinking I'm lazy either. I can field strip an old FNC1A1 in the dark in under 20 seconds so I am more than capable if I want to. I just don't have the time to babysit the mechbox. (I have a wife, 4 kids, job, Army Cadet work, and an airsoft club to run) If you want to fix your own gun, that's great. I won't discourage you from working on it. Just keep in mind that there are pro's out there with years of experience that you will never find on a web-page or online review.

Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum