AB-Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Meetings

+4
nish77
Moviemaster
nidan
Green Devil
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What meeting services do you use?

Online Meetings I_vote_lcap54%Online Meetings I_vote_rcap 54% 
[ 7 ]
Online Meetings I_vote_lcap8%Online Meetings I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Online Meetings I_vote_lcap0%Online Meetings I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Online Meetings I_vote_lcap0%Online Meetings I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Online Meetings I_vote_lcap15%Online Meetings I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Online Meetings I_vote_lcap23%Online Meetings I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Online Meetings Empty Online Meetings

Post by Green Devil 25th July 2010, 22:52

Hi everyone,

I have been thinking of ways to get everyone together to discuss club and team topics for some time as meetings in person have had poor attendance. We need some form of regular meetings (weekly) at least to discuss game days. First of all, I want to know what program we all use and then we will figure out a day.

I expect maximum attendance. No travel is required and can be done late enough for everyone to attend.

So, who has accounts for the services listed in the poll?

Keep in mind, I can add a chat room here in the forums if that works out easier.

Also, feel free to post any opinions on these services (likes & dislikes) and if there is one I haven't listed you think is better, let us know.

Last edited by Green Devil on 22nd April 2011, 17:18; edited 2 times in total
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Number of posts : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-25

http://www.ab-airsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Online Meetings Empty Re: Online Meetings

Post by nidan 25th July 2010, 23:07

I voted. duh

Last edited by nidan on 25th July 2010, 23:10; edited 1 time in total
nidan
nidan
Stabsfeldwebel

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://craigmyledojo.homestead.com/clubhome.html

Back to top Go down

Post by nidan 25th July 2010, 23:09

didn't this forum already have one? I'm afraid I didn't notice it was gone.
We all would have access to the forum so a chat function on it was pretty handy the times we did use it.
Otherwise, I do have MSN thanks to Mikey.
nidan
nidan
Stabsfeldwebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 25th July 2010, 23:14

The forum did have it but it was rarely ever used so i took it off. Easy to add it back if necessary.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 25th July 2010, 23:16

Also, please post in this thread after you vote so we know how many have voted.

Thanks.

I have voted.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Moviemaster 26th July 2010, 02:57

I have now voted. But I still think meetings in person are a better way to go. With MSN or the other suggestions there can be mass chaos. My point is everyone is typing at once things are missed. Comparable to 12 people having a meeting and all talking at the same time. Nobody really listens. There is a reason the House of Commons doesn't use MSN or Facebook, that place is already chaotic at times.

But with In person meetings when one person is talking generally 95% of the time people will shut up and listen and wait there turn.

Also they only meetings that I will be able to attend will have to be either on a Tuesday Wednesday or a Thursday due to the fact I can't use any of these platforms at work when we are busy for the summer.

So I suggest actually have set day for a meeting every month. ex. Third Wednesday of the Month. And actually have it set up like a 4H, ELKS, LIONS meeting with Minutes read of previous meeting, old business, new business, treasurery report, etc.
Moviemaster
Moviemaster
Leutnant

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by nish77 26th July 2010, 09:57

I voted... and i agree with mike, with everything going on with me i still want to be informed, but i really am not going to be too upset if i miss a meeting this year.
once a month or whatever though should be pretty darn easy to manage i would think!
nish77
nish77
VIP

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th July 2010, 13:15

I voted. I was wondering how hard it would be to do a group voice chat...on Skype perhaps? Then we can speak when it's our turn and still leaves us the option to do it from home (for those that can't travel that day or whatever reason) Then there won't be mass confusion in the typing department...we can actually hear each other talk. It could also work for an actual face to face meeting yet the ones that can't attend can be on voice chat and still voice their opinion...literally. I'm sure we can come up with a few laptops for that kind of setup. Any thoughts on that route?

Back to top Go down

Post by irishpittbull 26th July 2010, 23:39

I threw in a vote for the hell of it. Working out in the boonies it would be cool to know what was going on before I hit the highway like a rageing retard to make it out to a game haha!
irishpittbull
irishpittbull
Leutnant

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 27th July 2010, 00:03

Moviemaster wrote:I have now voted. But I still think meetings in person are a better way to go. With MSN or the other suggestions there can be mass chaos. My point is everyone is typing at once things are missed. Comparable to 12 people having a meeting and all talking at the same time. Nobody really listens. There is a reason the House of Commons doesn't use MSN or Facebook, that place is already chaotic at times.

But with In person meetings when one person is talking generally 95% of the time people will shut up and listen and wait there turn.

Also they only meetings that I will be able to attend will have to be either on a Tuesday Wednesday or a Thursday due to the fact I can't use any of these platforms at work when we are busy for the summer.

So I suggest actually have set day for a meeting every month. ex. Third Wednesday of the Month. And actually have it set up like a 4H, ELKS, LIONS meeting with Minutes read of previous meeting, old business, new business, treasurery report, etc.

Mike & Nish,

I'm not saying we are replacing in-person meetings with on-line meetings. I re-read my post and I'm not quite sure how you came to that conclusion. The purpose of the meetings is to discuss games and any other topics on everyone's mind. This forum and in-person meetings both have their place. However, I am looking to get real-time interaction between everyone and on a regular basis. The two main points of the origional post were;

1) We need some form of regular meetings (weekly) at least to discuss game days.

2) I expect maximum attendance. No travel is required and can be done late enough for everyone to attend.

The first point is criticle. Not once have I gone to the field this year knowing how many people are coming. This isn't so bad for me but there are many who travel 1+ hours to the game and I feel I have an obligation to them to make sure we have enough people coming out to make it worth their while. I have been trying for 2 years to have everyone post if they are coming out for the weekly skirmish but I still get calls the night before or the morning of asking if we are going to be out there playing. The current format isn't working. If I am able to post several days in advance that we have 12 people coming to the game several additional people that are on-the-fence may decide to head out for some action.

And here is the perfect supporting post (BTW Rob, we value your contribution and you have one of the longest drives of anyone, coming from Sask)
irishpittbull wrote:I threw in a vote for the hell of it. Working out in the boonies it would be cool to know what was going on before I hit the highway like a rageing retard to make it out to a game haha!

On the second point, I feel that a late Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday night meeting will allow me to gauge what the attendance will be like on the upcoming weekend. Due to travel, work, and other commitments many people can't make it out to Monthly in-person meetings. It seems that even if I schedule things months in advance many can't make it for one reason or another. At least this way, everyone will feel like they can voice their opinions and meet other club members.

I hope this post better explains my reasoning for this approach. Guys, there is nothing I would like than to have a beer and wings night every week. It's just not possible and we still need better inter team communication.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by irishpittbull 27th July 2010, 13:41

Thanks, the thing is that since I am so far out I can't allways make it in for meetings ( The last two times I was out I actually got up around 5am on sunday and drove straight from kinder) but I do own two labtops and a blackberry so msn would suit me great.
irishpittbull
irishpittbull
Leutnant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager 28th July 2010, 20:12

anythings good for me

Jager
Leutnant

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 29th July 2010, 21:04

Well, I was hoping for a much better response from everyone. By my count, there were only 6 people who posted and there are 6 votes for MSN. I really hope we see more than 6 people dropping into the meetings or this is just another waste of my time.

So, for those that 'are' interested, my proposal is for one night a week meetings. It will be an late evening meeting and we will try to limit it to 15-30 minutes. I assume that 2200hrs will work for everyone?

Now what I need to know is what night is best for everyone. Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday?

Please post the DAY that works for each of you.

Any work for me and any time after 2130hrs is fine.

Let's hear it please. First meeting will be next week.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by irishpittbull 29th July 2010, 21:44

Wednesday probally works about the best for me but depending on majority ruleing I could probally make just about any day work. Mondays and fridays are really my only two "unpredictable" days right now as there is a rowdy savana rig in the area right now that like to break stuff before or right after a weekend.
irishpittbull
irishpittbull
Leutnant

Back to top Go down

Post by nish77 29th July 2010, 23:20

Tuesdays would prolly be best for me.... although. like i say, im just kinda keeping my head poked in here right now...
nish77
nish77
VIP

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by nidan 29th July 2010, 23:29

Ten O'clock? Any of those days are as good as any of them.
MSN, 10:00pm , Tues, Wed or Thurs. Sounds good.
nidan
nidan
Stabsfeldwebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30th July 2010, 10:22

Any of those nights is fine for me. Tank on the other hand has an "up in the air" kind of schedule at the moment...and can't commit to a set time as of yet....but i can speak for him when it's needed. Any day that's decided upon will work great for me Green Devil Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by medhatboy 30th July 2010, 20:25

I have MSN and a webcam, only thing is i'm usually gone to bed by 21:30 cause i'm up at 05:00 so I can get ready for work and leave by 06:20 (need time for the eyes to wake up before putting the contacts in).
medhatboy
medhatboy
Age Verified

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank 5th August 2010, 20:26

I voted .. late but not never...
Tank
Tank
Oberstabsfeldwebel

Number of posts : 639

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 11th August 2010, 08:37

Meeting tonight @ 9:30. See you all there.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager 13th August 2010, 09:36

I missed the meeting as my wife decided it was a good idea to step on the laptop, and my tower's powersupply suffered a powersurge and fried itself... Maybe someone's hinting that I need to get a better computer or something ;-)

Is there a transcript of the meeting available?

Jager
Leutnant

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 23rd August 2010, 19:12

Meeting Wednesday 25-Aug-2010 @ 2130hrs.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 25th August 2010, 18:53

I have a meeting in the Hat tonight and will try and be home by 2130hrs. If I'm not, I would like Moviemaster or Skydiver to start things off please.
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Moviemaster 26th August 2010, 00:20

Oh wow, I just got the message that you would have liked me to start the meeting. Sorry I missed this one but today was my Niece's Baptism and I had some family in town. I should be able to make it one for next Wednesday's meeting.
Moviemaster
Moviemaster
Leutnant

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 26th August 2010, 00:27

Moviemaster wrote:Oh wow, I just got the message that you would have liked me to start the meeting. Sorry I missed this one but today was my Niece's Baptism and I had some family in town. I should be able to make it one for next Wednesday's meeting.

No problem Mike. Tani filled us in. Hope you had a super day!
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next