AB-Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newish & excited

+3
medhatboy
Moviemaster
cam
7 posters

Go down

newish & excited  Empty newish & excited

Post by cam 12th May 2011, 13:01

hey, i'm Cam, i'm 20 years old and live in medicine hat. i used air soft with three other friends of mine but than we graduated and haven't played since. i absolutely love to play but haven't in a long time. i work at safeway as an assisstant manager so my hours are all over the place but i would love to meet some people and hopefully join a team. so i can get out on the field again.
cam
cam
VIP

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-05-10

Back to top Go down

newish & excited  Empty Re: newish & excited

Post by Moviemaster 12th May 2011, 17:12

Welcome to the site Cam. Most of the club is getting ready for Operation Mason Relic III at the moment coming up at the end of the month. After that we usually play or practice every Sunday. We actually have several players from Medicine Hat. Medhatboy and Irishpitbull can probably help you out the easiest if need be and our CO is Green Devil. Have a look around and hope to meet you one day soon
Moviemaster
Moviemaster
Leutnant

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by medhatboy 12th May 2011, 18:43

Boy the people crawling out of the wood work from medicine hat that want to play airsoft this year is unbelievable, got another guy on the ASC board that wants to be age verified. Which safeway do you work at, a friend of mine works at the Cresent heights one.
medhatboy
medhatboy
Age Verified

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by cam 13th May 2011, 03:43

Thanks!!! what is the Mason Relic III ?? i tried to look it up but i'm not important yet. were abouts do you practice? or have games is it allover alberta or just a few designated areas? i work at the mall, i use to work at the cresent heights one tho. who's your friend? i probably no them.
cam
cam
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by medhatboy 13th May 2011, 06:32

Len Klein.

Mason Relic III is a 300+ player game on a 700+arce field held at the Claybank national historical sight brick plant located 30min south of Moosejaw. The field we play/practice on is just outside of Brooks, bit of a drive, but there is no legal place to play here in Medicine Hat, at least not that I've found in the 10 years that i've been involved in the sport.
medhatboy
medhatboy
Age Verified

Back to top Go down

Post by m.reid 13th May 2011, 09:10

true bout medicine hat is hard to play in. i've tried for a year to get the city to approve somewhere. but they still don't like it.
m.reid
m.reid
VIP

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 13th May 2011, 10:41

Hi Cam,

Welcome to the forums. Dan is right about the number of players coming out of Medicine Hat. There seems to be more and more all the time. It's good though because until recently, there were more airsofters in Hanna than Medicine Hat, lol.

The popularity of the sport is growing and it beginning to split into two major camps. Mil-Sim and speedball. Coming new to the scene, there is a WWII re-enactment movement starting this year as well. As with the sport, our club is almost split evenly between the Mil-Sim and speedball players. Mil-Sim in Canada is evolving into a fairly Hard Core branch of the sport coming in line with groups across the EU and USA. Speedball is very similar to paintball where there are few, if any real objectives other than shooting the enemy.

We do both. We don't travel to speedball/skirmish games but we do make trips for properly run Mil-Sim events.

And very quickly about Medicine Hat, you will not ever get permission to play within the city limits unless you purchase a warehouse and set up a legitimate business. We currently have access to two fields on private property and that's the only way to do it. The big challenge in the Hat is to find fields that have some cover (trees/buildings/etc). Playing on a piece of bald ass prairie isn't much fun.

Having said all that, please ask all the questions you like. Cumulatively, there is easily 50 years worth of Airsoft experience in the club (between Dan and I we have 19 years alone).

Good to have you stop in Cam. Hope you like what you see and stick around.

GD
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Number of posts : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-25

http://www.ab-airsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cam 13th May 2011, 13:58

i no len hes sweet!

that Mason Relic III sounds like it would be so awesome! are their any rules? like FPS limits or Cretan gear/camo that you guys have? also is it to late to join up for that mason relic III something like probably has a deadline. although it may be better to meet some people and get out and practice before i join something like that.

medicine hat is so annoying in that way, when i played before we found this one area that was alright but very small only a max of five people per team or it would be way to crowded.

both those two types of game play sound like they would be a lot of fun, i prefer to have objectives but sometimes it nice to just start shooting
cam
cam
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 13th May 2011, 14:12

OP MRIII is the last weekend in May. Our last team practice is this Sunday. The following Sunday is kit checks and final briefing before the club begins departing for the event. It's about a 6-7hr drive depending on what you are driving and if you are towing a trailer as some of us do.

The registration fee must be paid by the 22nd of May. It's coming up very quickly so you would have to pull the trigger very quickly. Our team uses Bundeswehr Flecktarn as out primary BDU's. We are loosely based on the modern Bundeswehr Fallschirmjager and there is a standard minimum kit list. If you somehow could swing MRIII, we could most likely pull together enough kit to by.

What kind of gear and kit do you have now?

Last edited by Green Devil on 13th May 2011, 15:53; edited 1 time in total
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by cam 13th May 2011, 15:09

i dont no all those fancy terms you used sorry Razz but maybe i could come out this sunday and see whats its like get to no you guys and see how you operate and such. i only work till 3:30pm so it may work but it would depend on when you guys are meeting up and were.

i dont have a hole lot of gear unfortunately. i just have my main gun a pulse R76 its all right, and i have a sidearm although i cant remember the name. i have some extra clips for my pistol but cant find them to save my life. :( i also have a holster for my pistol. but thats about it i'm afraid.
cam
cam
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Devil 13th May 2011, 15:56

Sorry;

BDU = Battle Dress Uniform (Camo Uniforms)

Bundeswehr = German Army (Modern)
Fallschirmjager = Airborne/Paratroopers
Green Devil
Green Devil
Hauptmann

Back to top Go down

Post by bug 13th May 2011, 23:41

Ya I've been playing with these guys for over 5 years and I'm still lost...LOL

And Dan when I was planning to move to Med Hat a couple years ago. there was a huge amount of people in the hat who would like to get into it. the problem at the time was gun availability and cost, both are a little better now.. and easyier on the wallet
bug
bug
Age Verified

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by cam 14th May 2011, 00:17

thank you for the clarification. were can i go about getting some BDU? do i have to order it online? cuz i really want to start playing again.

out of curiosity how do you pronounce those two words? bundeuehr & fallschirmjager ?
cam
cam
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Serpentine 14th May 2011, 00:51

Welcome Cam!

Boonds`veher I believe and Fall`Shirm`Yager all one word. correct me if i'm wrong.

I think the best way to get situated with gear at first would be to talk to Wade. And of course you can browse a German supplier ; http://www.asmc.de/en

And recently Wade has pointed us toward Martin at; http://www.kopfjager-militaria.com/

A local Alberta supplier who is currently setting up an order for our members, but that order will not be in before MRIII.

as i recal Wade mentioned that Martin at Kopjager Militaria will order in any items from: http://www.sturm-miltec.de/ that you request.

I'm Colby by the way, good to see more troops!
Serpentine
Serpentine
VIP

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by cam 14th May 2011, 11:24

well i don't think ill be able to make it to MRIII. but their would be more games through the year. just one day battles is all i could do cuz of work. so i need the BDU in german style? dose this mean your inviting me to your teem more or less? or dose everyone use german style?

nice to meat you colby
cam
cam
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by medhatboy 14th May 2011, 18:49

Anyone whos anyone uses german flecktarn. Very Happy Some other teams use other types of camo, I myself have about 5 different types of camo, but fleck seems to be the most versitile one, and one of the cheapest. Basically what you pay for a full set of german flecktarn (shirt, pants, hat) would only cover the cost of a shirt for just about any other camo.

If you want to know anything else just ask, i'm off work on monday and tuesday this week, and off next weekend.
medhatboy
medhatboy
Age Verified

Back to top Go down

Post by cam 15th May 2011, 07:26

ok sweet thank you, ill take a look and probably order some up.
cam
cam
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by cam 26th May 2011, 14:18

well perhaps not for ax bit they kinda expensive. ill have to wait
cam
cam
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by bug 27th May 2011, 10:02

There are a couple places, one guy in Edmonton... has a on line store, and I was there last week, he has allot of small and medium in stock, some large sizes.... but his prices are very good. and he's a very easy guy to deal with.

I'll see if I can find his link, and paste it here.

http://kopfjager-militaria.com/

There you go!

He's ordering me and my co-worker some new Fleck-tarn in I'm getting some Desert Fleck / and miltec Fleck

and I think he said 6 weeks and probably around $30-$50 each article of clothing.

LOL, just noticed the link was posted for you already .... but never hurts to have it twice.

As for camo's, as Dan said earllire there is a huge selection out there, I too have about 4-5 different sets, the American stuff you can find anywhere, and well in my opinion it suck's (LOL) Marpat might work well enough, and in your area the multicam might even work, but bang for buck the German Fleck-tarn has a wider verity of colors, and seams to work well in most North American climates , but as with most circumstance's it depends on your play area. If you figure your going to be playing in a city enviroment, then you might want to go with a city camo, Urban camo : http://www.google.ca/search?q=Urban+camo&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=v3e&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=B8HfTY-kBsrSiAKvooTPCg&ved=0CCIQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=750 Fleck-tern : http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Mkz&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&biw=1440&bih=750&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Flecktarn&oq=Flecktarn&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=60548l64532l0l9l9l0l1l1l0l214l1164l2.5.1
So as you can see, you need to figure out where your play area, and who your playing with, will decide what kind of camo you want to wear.

I normally either go Cadpat (Canadian camo) or use the Fleck-tarn

Cadpat: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&q=cadpat+camo&revid=469294990&sa=X&ei=5sLfTYezI-jhiAKo3vXOCg&ved=0CDYQ1QIoAA&biw=1440&bih=750
bug
bug
Age Verified

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: